Trivia Challenge - Win a Winter Survival Kit
From November 1st through December 15th, ReadyWisconsin is giving away 20 Winter Survival Kits in our Trivia Challenge!
Don’t worry, no matter if you get the answer right or wrong you will be entered in a drawing. See full contest
rules for more details.
Click on the correct answer, fill in the form (all items required), then click on the Submit Answer button.
- GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- ELIGIBILITY: “Ready Wisconsin Trivia Challenge” is offered only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years old or older at the time of entry. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Contest is offered only to Wisconsin residents. Employees of Wisconsin Emergency Management, representatives, and agents, and their officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Contest Entities”), members of their immediate families, and the members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, in-laws, and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. Sponsors will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed. Internet access is required in order to enter the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable law and these Official Rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors. The Contest entry period begins on 11/10/14, and ends at 12/15/14 (“Entry Period”). To enter, go to http://readywisconsin.wi.gov to the contest page and follow the instructions to access, complete, and submit an online entry form. To be eligible, entries must be received during the Contest Entry Period. Sponsors may not verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Limit one entry per person per day per email address. Incomplete and additional entries beyond the entry limit are void. Sponsors are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries that are detected as such are void. Entries generated by any automated means and detected as such are void. In the event of a dispute, electronic entries and other entries requiring the identification of an email address will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address. An online entrant must have a valid e-mail address, and it is entrant’s responsibility to notify and update Sponsors of any change in e-mail address.
- HOW TO WIN: Twenty (20) 1st place winners will be randomly selected on 12/16/14 or as soon as practicable thereafter. Selected Winner(s) will be notified either by phone, email, and/or mail. Prizes will be mailed to address supplied by winners. Sponsor is not responsible for any damage to prizes during delivery by mail. Winners may be required to sign and return appropriate forms and/or documentation, including, without limitation, any documents necessary to transfer to Sponsors any intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, etc.) in the entry materials, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and/or where legally permissible a Publicity Release prior to receipt of Prize. Failure to sign and return such forms within the requisite time frame may result in disqualification of the Winner and forfeiture of the Prize. Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, or out-of-service contact information.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s consent for Sponsors to use, publish, reproduce and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, Internet, television, radio, and offline), each Winner’s name, city, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, or image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval.
- PRIZES: Twenty (20) 1st place will be offered during the Contest. Winning prize is 1 ReadyWisconsin Emergency Weather Kit. Approximate total retail value of the Prize is $50. All charges, fees, and costs not specifically included in the Prize descriptions above, including but not limited to personal incidental items, transportation, parking, taxes, souvenirs, gratuities, and licenses, are the responsibility of the respective Prize Winner(s). Prizes will be mailed to winner by 12/31/14. Any prizes returned due to incorrect address information will be forfeited. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by Prize Winner(s). Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in the sole discretion of Sponsors if the Prize or any component thereof is unavailable for any reason.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE CONTEST ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the Prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may be required to execute a liability and publicity release prior to the Winner’s receipt of the Prize. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event the selected Winner(s) of the Prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the Prize or, if the selected Winner fails to timely claim the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may randomly select an alternate Winner from remaining entries (time permitting), or may elect not to award such Prize to an alternate Winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, Winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with Prizes are the responsibility of the Winner(s).
- FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right in their discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and to select Winner(s) from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation or transmission of, communications line failure relating to, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to human error or technical malfunction of any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, or traffic congestion any communications system, on the Internet or at any website, or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Contest. SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
- ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and, in the event arbitration is prohibited, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved exclusively in the courts of Wisconsin in Dane County. In any event, forum and venue for any dispute, claim, or cause of action shall be exclusively in Dane County. Wisconsin. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by entrant with regard to this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees, punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Wisconsin. All participants and Winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to arbitration in Madison in Dane County, unless prohibited in which case to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Wisconsin in Dane County. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://readywisconsin.wi.gov or send a self-addressed stamped envelope “Ready Wisconsin Trivia Challenge” Rules, Wisconsin Emergency Management, 2400 Wright Street, Madison, WI, 53707-7865. Rules requests must be received by 12/15/14. These Official Rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Official Rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law. For a list of the Winners’ names, send a self-addressed stamped envelope within sixty (60) days of the drawing to “Ready Wisconsin Trivia Challenge Winners”, Wisconsin Emergency Management, at the address listed above.
- SPONSOR: Wisconsin Emergency Management, Madison, Wisconsin
Official Rules - Printer Friendly