- DATCP: Prepare Now to Protect Your Animals from Extreme Cold
- DHS: Take precautions against extreme cold
- Governor Evers Declares State of Emergency, Closes State Office Buildings
- Governor Evers declares State of Emergency in response to dangerous winter storm and cold
- Snow may create difficult travel conditions across Wisconsin
- Operation Santa is Ready – Follow Santa as he travels through Wisconsin Christmas Eve
- ReadyWisconsin wants you to celebrate the holidays safely
- Make sure your home is fire safe for the holidays — safety tips from ReadyWisconsin
- Deadline approaching to apply for federal disaster assistance
- ReadyWisconsin wants you to have a safe Thanksgiving
- FEMA Approves Individual Assistance for Marquette County Following August, September Floods
- Nov. 5-9, 2018 is Winter Awareness Week in Wisconsin
In February 2003, the US Department of Homeland Security launched the Ready campaign. It is a national public service advertising campaign designed to educate and empower Americans to prepare for and respond to emergencies, including natural and technological disasters and potential terrorist attacks. The goal of the national campaign is to get the public involved and ultimately to increase the level of basic preparedness across the nation.
ReadyWisconsin is Wisconsin’s counterpart to the national campaign. ReadyWisconsin began in 2008 and is part of the Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs. It serves as a one-stop shop for emergency and disaster preparedness information and provides links to other relevant national, state, local, tribal and volunteer agencies.
ReadyWisconsin asks individuals to do four key things:
- Get an emergency supply kit
- Make a family emergency plan
- Be informed about the different types of emergencies that could occur and their appropriate responses
- Get involved in emergency preparedness and response in their own communities
All ReadyWisconsin materials can be replicated and utilized. To learn more about ReadyWisconsin, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.